Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Hubby's Birthday Cake

Hey all! Hope you guys are having a great day so far! These days are flying by and it won't be long until school starts here and I can't believe how the summer has flown by. I always know the summer is going fast when my hubby's birthday rolls around. This year I wanted to make something special for his birthday. He loves a good cake but his favorite is a strawberry cake with cream cheese frosting. So there we have it! That's what I set out to do. I wanted to make him the best strawberry cake and the best cream cheese icing I could find.

Well, I found an amazing recipe in one of my cookbooks and thought it was going to work perfectly until....let me just say he works for the railroad and can be called out and has to go, right then. Needless to say, it came down to a box cake lol. I ran out of time and he had to go to work. I did however make the cream cheese icing! And it was AMAZING!

I also wanted to do something out of the ordinary and fun. The good thing about him is that he didn't care if it was very manly or not just as long as it tastes good. With that being said, I was in for some fun decorating! Here's how it turned out.
Now, I know your saying, "I thought she said it was a strawberry cake?" Well, I did say it was strawberry but when I got the cake all decorated I decided it looked to plain and needed something on top. I started looking through the fridge and do you think I had one single strawberry in there?? Of course not! BUT I did have some cherries! I think they served the purpose just fine! I call it improvising lol. Did the cake taste good you ask? It was....AMAZING!!! Derek loved it and that's all that really mattered, right?
I will definitely be making this again and I can't wait to try the awesome icing on something else! I'm thinking maybe a chocolate cake next. Who knows?! All I know is the cake is all gone and I want more!!

Well, that's all I have for today. Thanks for stopping by. I love comments so don't be shy! Hope everyone has a great Tuesday and see you back here soon!

Kristy

1 comment:

Anne said...

It's beautiful! I love the "rose" piping.

Post a Comment